2016 Tips to having a Producitve New Year!
2015 has come and gone and 2016 came quicker than some of us would have liked. As I reflect upon 2015, the good and the bad, I choose to show gratitude towards the good yet reflect upon the bad. I reflect on the bad in order to come up with a plan of action. I think of all the things I'd like to do better and try to come up with ways I can do those things better in the upcoming year. I am always striving towards becoming and creating my best self. Being better than I was the day, month, or year before. In today's post I am going to share some of the things I reflected upon in my own life and a few "Life Organizational" tips I will be implementing into my 2016 that I wanted to share with you.
1. Create a budget- Create a budget. Some sort of guide that will help you keep track of where your money is going and to help you keep track of when bills are due and paying them on time. Create an excel spreadsheet or download an app such as Spendbook ($1.99), Wally (free), Spendee ($1.99), or Mint (free) or do both. Create an excel spreadsheet to store information and an app for easy budgeting on the go, make sure the information in your app and on your excel sheet match at all times. This way you know where you are wasting money and where you can save more money. Do this starting January 1st and stay consistent with it throughout the year and it will become a lifetime habit you won't regret.
2. Set Long Term and Short Term Goals- I don't believe in New Year's resolutions- I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. I believe in setting long and short term goals at all times. To me, New Year's resolutions are made to be broken. Create a list of short and long term goals, it's important that you write them down in order to put them into the universe. Create a plan of attack, because let's face it you have to ATTACK your dreams. We will call it a "Dream Blueprint." Come back to those goals every other month (or as often as you want) & make sure that you are on track to accomplish them. It's important that you mold yourself & set yourself up to be ready whenever opportunity may knock.
3. Start a Healthy Lifestyle Routine- Get moving! Create a fitness routine for yourself. Whether it be getting a gym membership, running a trail a few days a week, starting a hot yoga class (one of my favs), joining a spin group, or whatever way you enjoy being active. Dedicate yourself to working out 2-5 days a week and commit to it. Stay consistent throughout the year. Eat a healthy diet. Don't deprive yourself, just make small commitments. Cut your portion sizes down, or just commit to eating a more vege based diet Monday-Friday. Develop a new way of viewing food, view food as a way to fuel your body as opposed to only something that taste good. Let's face it, junk food doesn't fuel your body. It's important to workout and eat healthy in order to live a long, healthy life mentally and physically.
4. Create a Reading List- Anyone who knows me knows I love to read. Create a reading list for 2016. Make sure your list is a mixture between self help, fiction, and inspiring memoir genre's of books. It's just as important to fuel your mind and spirit as it is your body.
5. Set the Goal to "Be Cute" - Yes, you read that right. Set the goal to "look cute." Whatever that may mean for you. Try to look nice and neat daily, even when you just have on sweats. Buy cute sweats from target or Victoria's Secret. Even on a dressed down day at work, make an effort to make an effort. Keep your hair neat daily, even if its just a ponytail and cute baseball cap. At the end of the day when you look good you feel good, and when you feel good you are motivated to do more and get more accomplished on a daily. That's the very reason why I started my blog, to encourage women (and men alike) to strive to me their best selves.
Trying to Live in my Dreams,